List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: A dream - graphics,export?
From:       Nicolas Goutte <nicolasg () snafu ! de>
Date:       2003-02-23 11:04:46

It depends what you mean by graphics. If you mean an inlined picture, it works
in the development version of KOffice. If you mean a non-inlined picture or
even a Karbon object, it does not work and probably will remain so for
KOffice 1.3.

As for KWord 1.2.x's HTML export filter, I am sorry to have broken clipart
export (SVG, WMF, QPicture) when I had changed the picture support in KWord
to KoPicture class. Unfortunately fixing it in KDE 1.2.x would need more time
than I have currently.

For the developement version of KOffice, I was able to fix it in an easier
way. (SVG and QPicture are exported as SVG. WMF is transformed to a PNG.)

The development version offers now a better RTF export filter. (It can export
WMF. However SVG and QPicture are transformed to PNG.)

As for a native MS Word export filter, it still does not exist but it would
have probably the same limitation as the RTF export filter.

Have a nice day/evening/night!