List:       koffice
Subject:    pamphlets, custom text flow, and so on, and so on
From:       Sean Cavanagh <sean.cavanagh () sympatico ! ca>
Date:       2003-01-05 2:20:05

First off, thanks for the reply and the assistance.  I apologize for my
part in the delay and the feedback loop; holiday travel and so on...

I think the print filter idea is going to be workaround to get me
through this project; thanks all for your tips and tricks regarding
paper sizes, the glories of the metric system, and geometrical
shortsightedness of 8.5in x 11in paper.  All pitfalls that I probably
would have fallen into.

Regarding the feature style going forward, here is my proposal:

I think the separate dialog box, after the frameset box, is the way to
go; so that the frames can be ordered in the frameset like songs in an
xmms playlist.

Someone wisely pointed out that this is complicated because the frames
don't have names.  While, I'm sure it's not too difficult to add a name
field into the object, the real problem I see is the default naming
convention.

I would propose that by default, each frame might be named after its
location; page x, column y, frame z.  This would be dynamically updated
as the user moves frames around, so then when the user opens the GUI,
the information is current.  Then, if the user chooses, they might use
the dialog box to rename the frames in the frameset, and after that, the
name would be static.

I'd be happy to take a crack at fooling around with this feature, but I
can't promise it in any kind of timely manner.  If it's a simple matter
for one of the development team, and they feel inclined to take care of
it...  But I'm happy to help in whatever way the devel team feels is
useful.

Thanks again,

Sean C.