List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Pamphlet printing
From:       "Claus O. Wilke" <wilke () caltech ! edu>
Date:       2003-01-02 23:17:05

pstops simply rearranges the whole pages. So you prepare your manuscript as
if you wanted to print single pages on A4 (or letter, or whatever) paper,
including headers, footers, everything, and then you use pstops to rearrange
the pages in such a way that you get a pamphlet.

In any case, from David Faure's last email on this subject, I take that the
kprinter architecture has already built in support for this kind of thing, so
you don't even have to call pstops manually.

Best wishes,
  Claus

On Wednesday 01 January 2003 09:59, James Hatridge wrote:
> HI Claus et al...
>
> Just back from a bout of the flu (oh was I sick). Thanks for this I'll look
> in to it. One quick question, what happens to headers? On my pamphlet I
> have the page # and bulletin name on each page.
>
> Thanks
>
> JIM
>
> On Sunday 29 December 2002 22:54, Claus O. Wilke wrote:
> > The pamphlet filter that several people requested on this list can be
> > obtained with a single call to pstops. If your original text is in
> > text.ps, enter:
> > cat text.ps | pstops
> > '4:-3L@.7(21cm,0)+0L@.7(21cm,14.85cm),1L@.7(21cm,0)+-2L@.7(21cm,14.85cm)'
> > > pamphlet.ps
> > and find your pamphlet in pamphlet.ps.
> >
> > The numbers in this example work for A4 paper. For US letter paper it is
> > somewhat more difficult to do the rescaling trick, because US letter
> > paper doesn't obey a nice height to width scaling relationship (when you
> > cut A4 paper in half, the height to width ratio remains unchanged,
> > whereas when you do the same with letter paper, the height to width ratio
> > changes).
> >
> > I use for letter paper 8in instead of 21cm and 5in instead of 14.85cm,
> > but these values may not work optimally for pamphlet printing.
> >
> > Claus

Claus Wilke

Mail Code 136-93, Caltech, Pasadena, CA 91125
Tel.: 626 395 2258, Fax: 626 395 2944
wilke@caltech.edu