List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Problem with frames
From:       Mike McBride <mpmcbride7 () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2002-12-28 21:19:13

On Saturday December 28 2002 10:29 pm, Jens Steinborn wrote:
> Hallo,
> I have a problem with KWrite - I cannot type in the values for size and
> position of a frame! Those input fields are just not displayed (see my
> screenshot: http://www.sprungmarke.de/screen.png) - is this a bug or not
> yet implemented? I am using Suse 8.1 with KDE 3.0.5 and KOffice 1.2.1 -
> while Koffice was installed with the rpms provided by Koffice.org. I
> encountered the same behaviour with the Suse rpms of Koffice.

I believe the problem here, is that you are attempting to change the size of
the "main" frame in a "Text oriented" document.  This is done by changing the
margins, not by entering geometry information for the frame.

For a review of the differences between the two types of templates, either
check your user manual (Help->KWord Manual), or you can read about it here:

http://docs.kde.org/en/HEAD/koffice/kword/wp-vs-dtp.html

Hope this helps.

Mike
--