List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: wv2 works pretty good
From:       Werner Trobin <trobin () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-12-06 6:33:31

On Friday 06 December 2002 07:00, Jonathan Drews wrote:
> Hi:
>
>  I just imported a Microsoft doc entitled "PRACTICAL HIGH PERFORMANCE
> LIQUID CHROMATOGRAPHY" into kword 1.2 Cvs Head.  Hey this wv2 filter
> imported the greek symbols, the subscripts and superscripts, The footers
> and page numbers, the text that was bolded and italicized. This thong
> works pretty good.  It did fail to import the pictures though. However I
> am really impressed. Star Office 6.0 has a hard time importing this
> document. Good job Koffice developers : ). I should submit this doc to
> you as a test case for your filter efforts.

Thanks :-)

wv2 doesn't support pictures and tables yet, but the xmas holidays aren't far
away anymore. Stay tuned...

Once these basic features work I'll announce it on this list and invite people
for another test run with wv2.

Please put this document on some webspace or send it directly to me
(preferably wtrobin@aon.at). Thanks in advance.

Ciao,
Werner

<shameless-plug>
P.S. If someone feels like supporting David Faure with the KOffice part of the
filter please speak up, there is at least one smaller task (regarding field
support) pending and as soon as I start working on wv2 again you could
implement table support.
</shameless-plug>