List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: KfrontPage
From:       Charles de Miramon <cmiramon () kde-france ! org>
Date:       2002-11-04 11:54:07

Le Jeudi 31 Octobre 2002 19:02, Jan Tönjes a écrit :
> Am Donnerstag, 31. Oktober 2002 18:16 schrieb Bob Tanner:
> > Quoting Tom Moorehouse (tom2@intlwaters.com):
> > >    Are  there  any  plans  to  make  a  koffice application that would
> > > be simmilar to MS frontpage. I would think this would be a big benefit
> > > to people  that want to switch to linux (like me). Perhaps something
> > > that is  more  like  a cross between frontpage an dreamweaver would be
> > > even better.

This question was already asked on the list some weeks ago. You can read the
answers on the archive.
The short story is that we have an powerful HTML editor for KDE called Quanta
(http://quanta.sourceforge.net/).
Quanta doesn't have a Wysiwig editor now but could quickly get one if :
1) you are a developper and join the Quanta team
2) make a donation to Quanta and ask that the money is chanelled to the
Wysiwig development.

Cheers,
Charles

PS : KOffice are not all the professional applications in KDE but a framework
of applications for creating documents.
--
cmiramon@kde-france.org
http://www.kde-france.org