List:       koffice
Subject:    4 questions/comments
From:       Ashley Shugart <ashleyshugart () earthlink ! net>
Date:       2002-11-01 0:17:56

Hi,

   1. I have seen the FAQ.
   2. You say to mail to "koffice at kde dot org".  I assmue that you
      meant for the "mailto:" URL to be "koffice@kde.org" but it comes
      up as "koffice at kde dot org" in the "Compose new mail..."
      window!  If this is intentional, then it is not clear that this is
      intentional. (Same applies for "jost at schenck dot de")
   3. Can KOffice be installed in parts? For example, one can choose to
      not install parts of Microsoft Office, Open Office, Lotus
      SmartSuite, etc.  Can I install only KWord or KSpread, or choose
      to not install Kivio?  (from source and/or binary)
   4. Where do I propose a new application I would like to see included
      in KOffice?  I think a money management tool would be a good
      component for an office productivity suite.  Personally, I am
      desparate for a good money management tool for Linux.  I used
      Quicken on Windows for years before switching all my financial
      info. over to Gnucash.  Then I couldn't get Gnucash to run!  Now I
      have no way of managing my finances.  I have been investigating
      apps like "kmymoney" as potential replacemnts, but without much
      luck.  Given the high degree of productivity and enthusiasm
      surrounding KOffice I think being included in the suite would be a
      "shot in the arm" for such a project.  I don't think adding yet
      another app. to KOffice is  necessarily bad, depending on the
      answer to question 3.  I imagine that the end user might choose to
      not install this app., if he didn't want to.

Ashley