List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Koffice for windows
From:       Wesley Parish <wes.parish () paradise ! net ! nz>
Date:       2002-10-24 23:55:55

On Friday 25 October 2002 04:39 am, Robert Jacolin wrote:
> Le Jeudi 24 Octobre 2002 16:33, David Faure a écrit :
> > On Thursday 24 October 2002 12:45, DAVID HERBERT RIVET wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I am a student at the faculty of science of Montpellier in France. All
> > > the computers at the university are linux equiped. The problem is that
> > > I use only windows at home. This is a problem when I need to work with
> > > my .doc (microsoft word) or .xls (microsoft excel) files at the
> > > university. Do you have a solution for me please?

I usually save word processing files in RTF format; I don't know if there is
such a thing for spreadsheets.

Does a version of
> > > koffice/staroffice for windows exist please?

There is - OpenOffice.org1.0.1, or StarOffice 6.0 exists in Windows versions.

Wesley Parish

Or is there a way of
> > > making .doc and .xls files compatible with kword and kspread? Thank you
> > > very much for your help.
> >
> > I just suggested this addition to the FAQ:
> >

> > 2.12 (for instance)  Can I use KOffice on Windows?
> >
> > At the moment this isn't possible. But there is work going on in that
> > direction, as part of the <a
> > href="http://kde-cygwin.sourceforge.net/">KDE Cygwin project</a>, which
> > is a port of Qt and KDE to Windows using Cygwin, the POSIX emulation
> > layer for Windows, and the Cygwin XFree86 server. At the time of writing
> > this, KOffice hasn't been ported yet.
>
> And perhaps, add too :
> See openoffice.org for a free office applications for windows/Linux.

> bobby

Mau e ki, "He aha te mea nui?"
You ask, "What is the most important thing?"
Maku e ki, "He tangata, he tangata, he tangata."
I reply, "It is people, it is people, it is people."