List:       koffice
Subject:    Automation of KOffice via DCOP?
From:       "Alex  ()  Infinito" <alessandro ! bottoni () infinito ! it>
Date:       2002-10-04 16:52:27

I have to perform the following task from within a Python (PyKDE/PyQT)
program:

1) Access and change a few document variables inside a KWord document
2) Put a few values in a KSpread sheet
3) Add a few items to the KOrganizer to-do-list
4) Add a meeting to the KOrganizer calendar
5) Add a few contact to the KAddressBook

I'm looking for examples and tutorials (that can integrate and improve the
old "KDE2 Automation tutorial" that you can find at the KDE web site).

Anybody can give me any advice?

Beside this, I'm particularly interested in the new "mail merge" feature of
the latest KWord. Is there any tutorial or example on this topic?

How about the "field" feature proposed for KWord? Is anybody actually working
on it?

Thanks in advance for your help.