List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: kfrontpage?
From:       Vadim Plessky <lucy-ples () mtu-net ! ru>
Date:       2002-10-01 7:53:16

On Sunday 29 September 2002 9:13 pm, Charles de Miramon wrote:
|  Le Dimanche 29 Septembre 2002 17:45, Tom Moorehouse a écrit :
|  > Will koffice be making a wysiwyg html editor like microsoft Frontpage? I
|  > would think this is an essential component of a office suite. It is also
|  > the only reason I have not made the complete switch to linux.
|  >
|  > Thanks for your time,
|  > Tom Moorehouse
|  > www.intlwaters.com
|
|  look
|  http://dot.kde.org/1031680234/1031749526/1031772322/
|
|  You can help the QuantaPlus project, for example by giving a donation.
|  http://quanta.sourceforge.net/main1.php?actfile=donate

Well, Quanta project is promising to deliver *something* already for 2 years,
if not more. And stil not delivered.
I think right approach would be to use KWord as a basis for HTML WYSIWYG
editor. KWord has WYSIWYG editing, the only thing you need to do is to write
good HTML/XHTML export filter.
May be, you can add CSS style editor, too, and in this case KWord wil benefit
from this editor, too.

--

Vadim Plessky
http://kde2.newmail.ru  (English)