List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Fwd: KWord menu layout
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () planescape ! com>
Date:       2002-09-23 10:14:03

On Monday 23 September 2002 10:18, David Faure wrote:
> Forwarding suggestions for the KWord menus - for the UI experts out there
> ;)

> Subject: bugs and suggestions
> Date: Friday 20 September 2002 18:36
> From: Marco Zanon <info@marcozanon.com>
> To: David Faure <david@mandrakesoft.com>
>
> Hi David,
>
> [...] That's what I would do... sorry to email here but the m-l are
> offline to my mail server :(
> a) File. Document information would be ok near Statistics.
Agreed.
Not that easy to do, though;
anyone know if this can be easilly done by only editing rc files?

> b) Format. Show header/footer should be put in View (or, at
> least, in Insert), like many other programs do.
The Show menu is about GUI things, while enabling the headers changes the
document. Definitely not there.
It is also not an insert since you can toggle the showing of them, which has
to move the item to a delete menu after enabling it :)
IMO there is nothing wrong with it being in format..

> c) When a table is not selected in the document, shouldn't it be
> put *all* greyed (and not only the inner menu items)?
Hmm, thats bad from a UI POV. rule 3 is to never hide widgets in certain
situations. Ghosting items is OK, but I still want to be able too see each
item.

> d) Insert is the most "confused" menu, IMHO.
True :)

I'll take a closer look at your proposal tonight.

Thanx.
--
Thomas Zander     zander@planescape.com
We are what we pretend to be