List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: KDatabase status?
From:       lucijan <lucijan () gmx ! at>
Date:       2002-09-06 11:37:29

On Friday 06 September 2002 12:19, Nash Hoogwater wrote:
> Hi,

hi too

> I just checked out HEAD (long time no see) and kdatabase seems abandond
> (again)? Does somebody has any details?

so far as i know kdatabase doesn't exists anymore.
but i'm currently coding a database application (kexi) it is far from beeing
something and would need some help.
Kexi works with plugins as drivers (which means that it is very flexible and
coud be able to use sql and file drivers (like mysql4)). currently i'm at
developing a sqlplugin. i tried QSql but it simply doesn't provide enough
function to base a database tool on it.
if you are interested take a look at kdenonbeta/kexi
at the cvs it uses QSql but on my hardisk it's already plugin-based

lucijan