List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: KDatabase status?
From:       Charles de Miramon <miramon () ehess ! fr>
Date:       2002-09-06 11:37:54

Le Vendredi 6 Septembre 2002 12:19, Nash Hoogwater a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I just checked out HEAD (long time no see) and kdatabase seems abandond
> (again)? Does somebody has any details?
>
> Greetz,

Maybe integrating knoda (http://www.knoda.org) into KOffice would be more
efficient than reviving Kdatabase. I've not tried Knoda but the screenshots
look nice.

I remember reading an interview with the project manager of Excel and he gave
this interesting information that when they did some user survey to see how
people where using Excel it showed that a lot of people where using it to
manage very simple database (list of persons with addresses, etc...) when the
developpers were thinking that they should put more focus on the calculus and
financial side of Excel. So, certainly a database component for KOffice
should be, in my opinion, a very simple one to answer this need of simple,
quick and dirty monofile database, and not yet another frontend to mysql.
Cheers,
Charles
--
Charles de Miramon