List:       koffice
Subject:    installation problem
From:       Peter Epp <peter () teknocat ! com>
Date:       2002-08-27 1:00:39

Hi there, I hope you can assist me. I have just
downloaded and installed KOffice under Mandrake Linux
8.2. I following the instructions precisely as they
were written on the web site. Now, if I try to run a
KOffice component, I get the following error message:

koffice (lib kofficepart): ERROR: The serviceType
KOfficePart is missing. Check that you have a
kofficepart.desktop file in the share/servicetypes
directory.
koffice (lib kofficecore): ERROR: Couldn't find the
native MimeType in kword's desktop file. Check your
installation !

I am not a linux expert, but know my way around it a
bit. I'm installing Mandrake Linux on a laptop for a
friend because Windows 98 just doesn't want to work
for it, and all I need to do is make KOffice work and
he's all set. I would really appreciate if you could
help me in this matter. Perhaps I just need to add the
directory to my system path, but I don't know how to
do that. It's the only thing I didn't do that was in
the instructions.

Regards,
Peter Epp

=====