List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Patch for kspread_editors.cc
From:       Ferdinand Gassauer s <gassauer () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-08-26 18:33:01

Norbert Andres wrote:

> Thanks for that code.
>
> Please allow a few days for checking this and putting in (if nobody else
> does - unfortunately I have no time for KSpread in the next two days).
> What about this idea: prepending the '=' only if there are just numbers in
> there and an operator which is not at the beginning. If ' is the first
> character don't prepend anything, but remove the ' and pass it on. I will
> check tomorrow (at work) how Excel behaves.
Well I thougth, that in edit mode you migth start with a formula and end up
with a number
Example
=A4-3
remove A4
it would stay a formula, but should automagicaly be transformed in a negativ
number.
So if my code realy works (never wrote c or c++ before), it has to be done
leaving enter or edit mode (Hitting <ENTER> or eventualy other cursor
keys).