List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: koffice problems
From:       gsproctor <gsproc () quickca ! net>
Date:       2002-06-30 21:22:38

Nicolas Goutte wrote:

>If you type "kword" (whitout quotes of course) in the "Run Command" dialog (in
>the K-Menu ), does it work for you or not?
>
>Does it run for you when you choose in the K-Menu "Office"/"KWord" ?
>
>Did you use any KDE before KDE 3.0.x and any KOffice before 1.1.1 for KDE3?
>
>And I suppose that you do not have similar problems with non-KOffice
>applications, do you?
>
>Have a nice day/evening/night!
>
>On Sunday 30 June 2002 18:34, gsproctor wrote:
>

>>Hi,
>>i don't want to bother you guys with stupid newbie questions so if there
>>is some sort of "help" forum please let me know.  but anyway, i
>>installed koffice1.2beta2 my problem is i can't get any koffice
>>application to execute.  when i click on kword for instance i get a
>>window Konqueror "can't find the program kword".  looks like all the bin
>>files are where they are supposed to be opt/kde3/bin etc. koffice
>>installed via rpm with no problems.  os is mandrake 8.2. kde3.0.1.
>>
>>p.s. koffice1.1.1 never worked either under kde3+.

"command not found" when i try to run from the command line.  does not
execute from the menu either.  none of the other koffice apps do either.
 i had kde2.2.2 with the version that came with mandrake 8.2 and the
koffice (v1.1.1) that came with it worked fine.  i do not have kde 2.2.2
now because there are too many conflicts with KDE3 files (libs, etc).
 haven't used any koffice lower than 1.1.1 for kde3.

thanks for any help