List:       koffice
Subject:    Creating Kivio Stencils
From:       David Williams <esuvs () csv ! warwick ! ac ! uk>
Date:       2002-06-22 14:13:45

Hi,
	I am interested in creating some stencils sets for kivio, to be
given away for free and prehaps become part of the KOffice
distribution. It seems that the functionality of Kivio is fairly limited
without any, and I haven't found any co-ordinated effort to producde
some.
	I have looked at the Basic Flowcharting shapes as an example, and
it seems to be quite striaght forward to create stencils. But I have a few
questions...

	1) Kivio was kindly donated by theKompany. Do theKompany still
maintain it? e.g port it to KDE 3 and add features? I know they also have
thier seperate KivioMP program. If not does anyone else maintain it? I
don't want to create srtencils for it if it's going to dissappear...

	2)Although it appears simple just to create shapes and set
connection points, most stencils will be more complicated than this. For
example double clicking on a basic flowcharting shape brings up a dialog
to enter text. If I were to develop a UML stencil set, I would want a more
complex dialog (like in DIA). Presumably I can create dialogs and include
them with my stencil set somehow? How would I do this? Qt Designer?

	3)I don't notice any use of Python in the Basic Flowcharting
shapes, but the website says it an be used. How much Pyton tends to be
needed?

	4)Does anybody knopw of any tutorials or guides for creating the
stencils? If not maybe I'll write one when I figure it out...

	Thanks for any help you can give,

		David