List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: compilation/install error: "Couldn't find the native MimeType in kword's desktop file"
From:       Otto =?iso-8859-1?q?Kek=E4l=E4inen?= <ottolist () kekalainen ! net>
Date:       2002-06-20 14:36:25

Ok, now I've got it installed. It seems as if the whole /opt/kde3 is a
leftover of something... here is an attachment with instructions about what I
did to you all debian-users who want to compile koffice-1.2-beta...

> now we are getting somewhere. my directories do not seem to be correct,
> > root@jokitie:~# cat /etc/kderc
> > [Directories]
> > dir_config=/etc/kde3
> > dir_tmp=/tmp
> > dir_socket=/tmp
> > dir_exe=/usr/bin
> Well, no, they're all wrong. They all point to /usr, but you said your KDE3
> is in /opt/kde3 (are you sure about that? From the above it seems your KDE3
> is in /usr...) Is that kderc file from your distributor?

Otto
["compile-koffice-under-debian" (text/plain)]

ran into some problems while installing koffice from sources on debian, so here is my \
case:

main software:
Debian Woody, KDE 3.0.1 from unofficial debs, koffice-1.2-beta source from \
koffice.org

1. first I ran "./configure --prefix=/usr"
To get configure to finish, the following packages needed to be installed:
xlibs-dev libxml2 libxslt libxml2-dev libxslt1-dev libjpeg62-dev libqt3-dev
libqt3-mt-dev libqt3-mt kdebase-dev kdelibs4-dev kbugbuster
(some might be extra, but they don't hurt)

2. then I ran "make all"
..which stopped a few times due to missing files, so I needed to install:
libarts-dev libarts1-dev libarts1 libarts1-qt imagemagick libqt3-mt-dev libqt3-dev \
libpng-dev libasound2-dev (again, some might be extra)

(3. to check everything I ran "make check", but that resulted in errors..)

4. then I ran "make install" and everything installed

(5. to check I also ran "kbuildsycoca")