List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: BiDi with KOffice
From:       Nicolas Goutte <nicog () snafu ! de>
Date:       2002-06-19 19:34:56

Are you still using KWord 1.1.x? It is not good at right-to-left scripts, as
far as I know.

The current developer version should be much better. (KOffice 1.2 Beta 2
should come next week, if all goes well.)

As for a translation, I do not really know. However, the statistical page
tells that 46,15% of KOffice 1.2 Beta is translated in Arabic.

Statistic: http://i18n.kde.org/stats/gui/HEAD/ar/index.php
Translation teams: http://i18n.kde.org/teams/index.php

Have a nice day/evening/night!

On Wednesday 19 June 2002 20:42, Shaame Ibrahim wrote:
> I have finally succeeded to make my KDE speek Arabic.
> When lauching Kword and other components of KOffice my
> menus are in English, or French, or whichever language
> I have installed and chosen. When typing I can type
> arabic characters and the words are well organized.
> But the problem is that it goes from left to right
> instead of the vice versa, and of course the cursor is
> not where I am typing!!. Is there a way to make
> KOffice work bidirectionally, and to have an arabic
> locale (for menus, etc..)?
>
> Thanks
> Ibrahim Shaame
(...)