List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: What kind of HTML is KWord supposed to be able to import?
From:       Nicolas Goutte <nicog () snafu ! de>
Date:       2002-06-06 19:44:15

It depends on which version of KOffice.

In KOffice 1.1.x, only XHTML (and well formated HTML) documents that are not
too far away from the AbiWord format. (The HTML import filter was a modifed
AbiWord import filter.) This filter is considered as not working.

If you are talking about KOffice 1.1.x, I suppose that your documents are
either not well formated (i.e. non-empty elements are not closed) or you have
text just under <BODY> (AbiWord does not do that, therefore the filter could
not do it either) or you are using an unsupported tag.

As for KOffice 1.2, another filter is being developped.

Have a nice day/evening/night!