List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Load times for Kword as compared to other WP
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () planescape ! com>
Date:       2002-05-30 15:53:22

On Thu, May 30, 2002 at 04:19:31PM +0200, Robert JACOLIN wrote:
> Le Jeudi 30 Mai 2002 16:06, Jonathan Drews a ?crit :
> > On Wednesday 29 May 2002 02:30, Robert JACOLIN wrote:
> > > Very interesting. Perhaps It will be interresting to put on the web,
> > > even is not in our advantage (is it an nglish word ?) ?
> >
> > Hello Bobby:
> >
> >  Despite Kword's  slow shut down times,  the way it responds to editing
> > a huge *.kwd doc is phenomenally fast.  Whether you insert or move
> > text, the 490 page *.kwd doc handled as fast as if it were only 3
> > pages. That, to me, is the most important thing. I scrolled the
> > document up and down as quickly as I could and there was no delay at
> > all. Please note:  kword never crashed in any of these tests.  There
> > was a little delay in inserting headers.
> >  I did use a smaller 150 page document and all operations AFAICT were
> > instantaneous. For this size *.kwd there was no delay at all in
> > inserting headers or footers.
> Ok. But kword take 5 min to load and staroffice 51 s It's just I see (I know
> kword will be a lot of speed up with the objprelink). I was a little quickly
> to study the result. But it stay interesting to put thisresults on the web
> site (with a little explanation like yours).

While I have no problem with posting results on websites at all, I want to
say I don't feel this is something that should be posted like a statement
from the KOffice project.  More like a post of KOffice users.

I believe in the saying "we don't boast about our products we just make them"

Cheers!

--
Thomas Zander                                           zander@planescape.com
                                                 We are what we pretend to be