List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: O.T. Spam
From:       Vadim Plessky <lucy-ples () mtu-net ! ru>
Date:       2002-05-27 14:12:57

On Monday 27 May 2002 4:43 pm, Keith Powell wrote:
|  Is anyone else being plagued with spam being sent via the koffice group?
|
|  I am being inundated with it: business opportunities, investment
| invitations, help with investing money from abroad, invitations to visit
| sex sites, and so on. Some are only short messages, but others are quite
| long. Many of them are in HTML. They are just getting a real nuisance. I am
| getting more of them than genuine koffice postings.
|
|  I can see no way of filtering out these messages.
|
|  Is there a way of not having to download the things apart from me leaving
| the group?  I don't want to have to do that, as it is a good group.

Hi Keith!

I have following filters in KMail:
1)
<any header> 	[contains]	multipart/alternative;

Action: Delete mail from server (supposing that you hav ePOP account and use
POP filter in KMail 1.4)

2)
<any header> 	[contains]	multipart/alternative;
name=[A-Za-z0-9_\]\[]+\.(?:exe|com|bat|pif|scr)

3)
<any header> 	[contains]	multipart/alternative;

4)
<any header> 	[contains]	multipart/alternative;
name=[A-Za-z0-9_\-\]\[]+\.(?:exe|com|bat|pif|scr)

Special tahnks go to Marc Mutz for his help tuning KMail.

BTW:  may be there are betetr ways to write RegExp listed above, but at least
this works for me.

|  Cheers
|
|  Keith

Cheers,