List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: opening excel sheets in kspread
From:       Werner Trobin <trobin () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-05-23 5:18:25

On Wednesday 22 May 2002 22:58, Ferdinand Gassauer wrote:
> Nikolas Zimmermann wrote:
> > On Wednesday 22 May 2002 20:26, Rob Benton wrote:
> >> Here's a small Excel 2000 file with only one line of text in it.  It
> >> won't open for me on kspread 1.1.1
> >
> > hmm works fine here.
>
> Here it works only if I first save it. Opening the attachment out of knode
> brings up a window "KWord's Plain Text Export Filter-KSpread" (!!!!) and
> complains that it can't open a temporarty file.

Now that's interesting. Could you please enable the debug output, start KNode
from a konsole and try again? I'd be especially interested in the koffice
libs and filter debug output (you might have to run kdebugdialog to enable
those areas between 30000 and 40000).

Ciao,
Werner

P.S. I'm able to open this file by clicking on the attachment in KMail.