List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: KOffice 1.2 beta 1 + gcc3.0.4?
From:       Percy Leonhardt <percy () eris23 ! de>
Date:       2002-05-03 14:33:40

On Fri, 3 May 2002, Horst Gutmann wrote:

> Ok, now I get the error message I always got when trying to compile
> koffice with gcc3 :(
> g++: cannot specify -o with -c or -S and multiple compilations

Hiya!

This error-messages seems to appear more often with gcc 3.0.x. I had it
myself after I configured KOffice while gcc 3.0.3 was installed and then I
reintalled 2.95 and tried to compile... a 'make clean' & 'make -f
Makefile.cvs' helped in my case to compile with 2.95.

I admit that I have no idea where it comes from but here is what you could
try:

make clean
make -f Makefile.cvs

and then try several configure-options:
./configure --enable-debug

or

./configure --enable-final

or

a plain ./configure (provided that your QTDIR and KDEDIR is set)

If neither of this works, maybe a downgrade to 2.9x will help. My KDE 3.0
and KOffice compiles fine with 2.95. Had to downgrade because arts wasn't
working with my 3.0.3.

Ciao,

	Percy :-)