List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Ruler fonts wrong in KWord 1.2beta1
From:       Ned Konz <ned () bike-nomad ! com>
Date:       2002-04-30 19:01:35

On Wednesday 31 December 1969 03:59 pm, koffice-request@mail.kde.org
wrote:

> The problem is that if we just use the global KDE font, which can
> be set to anything, then size 8 might be too big, or too small. I
> guess we need some iteration over sizes, using QFontMetrics, to
> find out which font size would give the wanted pixel size.... but
> that's going to be slow :(
>
> Could you try with
> QFont font;
> font.setPointSize( 8 );
> though? (this will use the global kde font).
> Might be much better already,
>
> koffice/lib/kofficeui/koRuler.cc, lines 166 and 320

Yes, I don't have helvetica installed.

I tried the fix you suggested.

This appears to fix the ruler problems. Thank you.

However, (this is an independent problem), there are some fonts whose
names appear blank; choosing these causes complaints like:

KoTextParag::lineInfo: line 15 out of range!
0 15

Thanks,
--
Ned Konz