On Wednesday 31 December 1969 03:59 pm, koffice-request@mail.kde.org=20 wrote: > The problem is that if we just use the global KDE font, which can > be set to anything, then size 8 might be too big, or too small. I > guess we need some iteration over sizes, using QFontMetrics, to > find out which font size would give the wanted pixel size.... but > that's going to be slow :( > > Could you try with > QFont font; > font.setPointSize( 8 ); > though? (this will use the global kde font). > Might be much better already, > > koffice/lib/kofficeui/koRuler.cc, lines 166 and 320 Yes, I don't have helvetica installed. I tried the fix you suggested. This appears to fix the ruler problems. Thank you. However, (this is an independent problem), there are some fonts whose=20 names appear blank; choosing these causes complaints like: KoTextParag::lineInfo: line 15 out of range! 0 15 Thanks, --=20 Ned Konz http://bike-nomad.com GPG key ID: BEEA7EFE