List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: slow kformula
From:       Ulrich Kuettler <ulrich.kuettler () gmx ! de>
Date:       2002-04-26 11:34:51

On Thursday 25 April 2002 12:42, Paul Lambert wrote:
> hi,
>
> I am have just started to use the current cvs version of office, and I am
> having trubble with kformula. Is anyone finding it very slow? I was hoping
> to use it for a talk that i'm giving on thursday, but I can't at the
> moment. It seems to work fine, but it just takes a long time ( 8+ seconds
> per letter).

Hi Paul,

kformula did never win a price for speed, but on common hardware it shouldn't
be that slow! You must take into account, however, that loading fonts takes
some time. Often the first char doesn't show up immediately. But while you
are working with kformula you shouldn't suffer such pauses.

About the output you kindly provided: You will need to have the esstix fonts
installed. And you will need to use the latest cvs version. KFormula won't
find the fonts otherwise.

If this doesn't solve it, please tell me.

Uli