List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Request Feature
From:       Fernando Fraga e Silva <fernando.fraga () poli ! usp ! br>
Date:       2002-04-23 22:58:48

Em Ter 23 Abr 2002 17:16, David Faure escreveu:
> On Tuesday 23 April 2002 22:14, Fernando Fraga e Silva wrote:

> > I'm using kword for my diary work, but, I miss an "autosave feature". By
> > the "Configure KWord ..." menu item I would like to set the kword to save
> > my working file each 15 min.
>
> KWord has that, in KOffice-1.1.
> Are you still using KOffice-1.0 ?
> If that's the case, I strongly recommend updating.

Ok you're right. I found the the autosave configuration.

> > I noted kword don't work very well with vectorial graphical files. I
> > noted If I have a eps file kword translates it to a bitmap. But I think
> > it's wrong cause it causes a bad printing quality. If I can choose to
> > kword renderize or not the vectorial graphics file during typing by the
>gv > right click menu would make kword the word processor.
>
> Yes. It now re-renderizes when zooming and when printing, so the
> printing quality should be ok.

Does KWord 1.1.1 re-renderizes when printing? Is it ?

Humm... Let me be more concise with an experience. I made a eps (Encapsuled
Postscript) diagram with Dia and imported this one both KWord 1.1.1 and
Staroffice 5.2. In the first one I did "Insert-->Picture-->Choose Image" and
in the second one I did "Insert-->Image-->from File", and ask for both make a
postscript file by printing to file. The two generated file :
- print_w_kword.ps
- print_w_staroffice.ps
I opened with a ps viewer and amplified by 4.0 and it shows clearly what I
saw "bad printing quality" especially the font rendering. I put the two file
attached. I continue to think KWord transformates my eps in a bitmap
representation.

This feature is important to me cause I'm a Engineering Student and If I
realize how to make it work right I can continue to use KWord.

> > I noted "infinite loops" trying to import svg graphics file by the use of
> > "Insert-->object frame-->Draw" and choosing a svg file.
>
> Hmm. Please state koffice version and submit a sample SVG file showing
> the problem.

Later I continue to test svg importing.

Again Thanks all.
["print_w_staroffice.ps.gz" (application/x-gzip)]
["print_w_kword.ps.gz" (application/x-gzip)]