List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: file formats [Re: Question about your KPresenter's review]
From:       "James K. Gruetzner" <jkgruet () unm ! edu>
Date:       2002-03-11 14:26:03

On Mon, 11 Mar 2002, Rob Landley wrote:

> Nobody fits files on a 1.4 floppy anymore.  We all have 20 gig drives, and
> 50% of the population now has broadband at HOME, let alone in the office...

   Methinks you got an extra zero in there.  Perhaps *5%* of the general
population at home has broadband.  (Businesses are different, and have a
much higher percent.)  As part of my volunteer work with a non-profit, I
am finding that the broadband users are increasing, but 5% is still about
the right number.  (I'm still surprized at the number of people who don't
even use email!)

   Oh, I regularly at work transfer files using floppy and sneaker-net.  I
personally often prefer other methods, but the recipient has specific
requirements.  This is at a national lab which is in the forefront of
technology research.

   James                                | In faith and in science,
James K. Gruetzner <jkgruet@unm.edu>    |   All truth is God's truth.