List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: KOffice issues [Re: Question about your KPresenter's review]
From:       Catherine Olanich Raymond <cathy () thyrsus ! com>
Date:       2002-03-10 6:02:07

On Friday 08 March 2002 05:07 am, David Faure wrote:
> On Friday 08 March 2002 06:44, Catherine Olanich Raymond wrote:
> > Konqueror can be significantly improved (i.e. enabled to generate PDFs)
> > by using it with KDEGraphics.  But the ordinary non-technical user won't
> > know that--and will likely assume that the KOffice suite can't generate
> > PDFs.
>
> Yeah, so kdegraphics should be part of kdebase (konqueror), and it should
> be part of koffice as well. Technical user or not, tell me how that's
> doable?
>
> Your comment about koffice not generating PDFs is wrong, it can generate
> PDFs even without kdegraphics installed! The only difference is that it
> will not have the nice "preview" dialog that embeds the kghostview PS
> viewer, it will have to launch a separate application (e.g. gv) for print
> preview. Nothing to do with PDF.

Then I misunderstood what Vadim said in an earlier part of this thread.  I'm
sorry about that.

Thanks for the explanation.  But I don't appreciate the sarcasm that came
with it.

--
Cathy Raymond <cathy@thyrsus.com>

"The meeting of personalities is like the contact of chemical substances;
if there is any reaction, both are transformed."  Carl Jung