List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: KOffice issues [Re: Question about your KPresenter's review]
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2002-03-08 21:49:50

On Friday 08 March 2002 12:38, Vadim Plessky wrote:
> On Friday 08 March 2002 13:07, David Faure wrote:
> |   On Friday 08 March 2002 06:44, Catherine Olanich Raymond wrote:
> |   > Konqueror can be significantly improved (i.e. enabled to generate PDFs)
> |   > by using it with KDEGraphics.  But the ordinary non-technical user
> |   > won't know that--and will likely assume that the KOffice suite can't
> |   > generate PDFs.
> |
> |   Yeah, so kdegraphics should be part of kdebase (konqueror), and it should
> | be part of koffice as well. Technical user or not, tell me how that's
> | doable?
>
> well, I guess we still have an option to take KGhostView from kdegraphics and
> put it into kdelibs or kdebase.
> I definitly miss "Print Preview" option in Konqueror's menu
It's in the print dialog, look at the checkbox.

> and adding "Send page as PDF" to Konqueror's File menu can be also very helpfull.

You do NOT need kdegraphics for that !

> To add:
>   Konqueror can print to PDF (generate PDF) without kdegraphics package
> installed.
> But I can agree with Cathy: most users expect that if you were able to print
> to PDF, you should be able to see what exactly you printed.
> And 'gv' is too much confusing/ugly for KDE newcomers, we should better use
> KGhostView.

Then install kdegraphics - or use any linux distribution, it will do it for you.
Users have been asking for more modular packages since... ever. And you want
to put everything in one again? This doesn't make sense.
Come on, there's nothing to discuss here. We provide everything that's needed,
you just need to install it. What do you want more?

http://people.mandrakesoft.com/~david/, http://www.konqueror.org/