List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: kword templates
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () planescape ! com>
Date:       2002-02-21 11:08:55

On Mon, Feb 18, 2002 at 10:01:27PM +0100, Ferdinand Gassauer wrote:
> Thomas Zander wrote:
> > On Mon, Feb 18, 2002 at 09:59:19AM +0100, Ferdinand Gassauer wrote:
>
> > Second; this kind of thing should be done using macros (to be done at a
> > later date)
>
> Sorry, IMHO we have to come up with a interim solution for Koffice 1.2

1.2 is not out yet. DCOP commands are added in rapid pace allready.

> > not using templates.  (Advantage is that a lot of macros can be combined
> > in one document, creating a custom document with minimum fuss)
> >

> >> Now change the page orientation to landscape. (kword 1.1 with KDE 2.2.2)
> >> The table in the footer does not automaticaly extend to the new width of
> >> the page and looks ugly.
> >
> > Oh? Than that is a bug. (Can't check here)
Ehh, no its not a bug, its a table, read frame. Sorry.

> BTW, this can't work with tabs either, because they are positioned in a
> fixed distance from the left margin. Or do I miss something ?

So changing the width of the footer/header (i.e. the page) should mean the
right/center aligned tabs should move?  I think thats possible.

Think in the future please, don't try to quick-fix it, search for the right
solution to create a good product in the end!

Thanx.