List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: kword templates
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () planescape ! com>
Date:       2002-02-21 11:03:55

On Mon, Feb 18, 2002 at 10:01:27PM +0100, Ferdinand Gassauer wrote:
> Thomas Zander wrote:
> > On Mon, Feb 18, 2002 at 09:59:19AM +0100, Ferdinand Gassauer wrote:
> >> BTW
> >> Is it possible to define a "company wide" template directory somewhere on
> >> a LAN/WAN?
> >> This migth be a useful option for teleworkers.
> >
> > Yeah, sure. Just check where your local (personal) templates are saved.
> > Also check the usage of multiple KDEDIRS and you see this is easy :)
>
> Do you mean "Kcontrol -> System -> User Environment" ?
> It crashes here so I can't check - it's nonbeta.

Hmm? Its not a setting via a GUI application, its something you install at
the right place.
Sorry if I misunderstood; you asked if its possible. I gave pointers how to
find out where it is possible.

> IMHO the user should not set this sort of variables from the commandline.

Ehh, you asked about a _company_ providing templates; there is a way to do that
and it _should_ be via the command line. Otherwise its quite hard to automate.
Its automatic for the user, naturally.

Again; I know the basis is in place, I don't know how to do it, just look at
http://developer.kde.org for the keywords I gave to find out.