List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: KOffice filters [Re: Joining the developers]
From:       shaheed <srhaque () iee ! org>
Date:       2002-02-13 21:10:16

On Wednesday 13 February 2002 6:54 pm, Vadim Plessky wrote:
> if I remember correctly - next generation of KWord/KOffice filters
> (developed together with AbiWord developers) will be able not only read,
> but write Word .doc's. And it was planned for KDE3 release.
> Can you please make a short update what is already done?

Sadly, Werner (and I) did a lot of groundwork, but both of us ran out of time.
And with no help from the other projects, I have decided to do what I can
with the current KOffice filters. For example, I recently committed updates
to KWMF (it would be really great if we could find a way to make the work
that goes into the WMF code somehow benefit KWMF - anothe project where a
modest amount of effort would yield good results) and MSOD infrastructure,
the portability changes for MS Word.

Sorry, Shaheed