List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Question about your KPresenter's review
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2002-02-10 12:22:49

On Sun, 10 Feb 2002, Thorsten Schnebeck wrote:

> Am Samstag, 9. Februar 2002 22:21 schrieb Navindra Umanee:
> > [hmmm, getting offtopic fast for koffice-devel.  redirecting.]
> >
> > Eric S. Raymond <esr@thyrsus.com> wrote:
> [delete most of it, because its mainly impolite]
>
> One of his notions is right:
> The "opening view" of many KDE apps shows far too many feature.
> Looking at current Koffice CVS KPresenter and Kontour are showing nearly all
> of their toolbars, special function und special areas.

I'm glad KWord isn't in that list. It used to have the same problem,
and I think we managed to make its UI more streamlined, showing what's
necessary and not more (actually the border toolbar being hidden confused
a few users, but that's only because toggling frame borders in the frame
dialog is missing).

The same work needs to be done on KPresenter (dunno about Kontour), I
totally agree. Help welcome - this is basically about reorganizing the .rc
file, no need to know C++ to do that!

David.