List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Kword wish list
From:       "Shridhar Daithankar" <chamanya () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2002-01-29 8:35:33

On 1/28/02 at 7:25 PM David Faure wrote:
>Yes, use templates.
>File / Create Template from current document.
>The default template is the "plain text" one, you can override it.

Got it. Did some experimentaton and figured it out.

One more on style that I skipped yesterday, when I generated table of=
 contents, additional styles appeared as Contents Head1 Contents tile etc.=
 While they got manipulated without a hitch, I wonder why they were not=
 present in original stylist.

>Wrong, simply use aligned tabs - just like in MSWord btw.

Got it. Reading manual helps...;-) Thanks for the tip.

>> 4)While customizing spacings with headers, I saw options for spacing as
>single line, double line, 1.5 lines and custom in mm. Now unless I know
>how
>many mm a line is, this sounds little confusing..
>
>Would pt be better ?

Sure. Basically it has to be a single unit all across. But I think there is=
 one issue. (Pardon me on this but I am talking this from pure users=
 perspective) As far as I understand 72 points constitue an inch. So=
 ideally all font of same point size should look same in all screen=
 resolutions. But actually that's not the case.

So I would say mm is better unit. It's absolute.

>> 1)How do I make text wrap in a cell?
>Err, there's an option for that in the cell layout dialog, isn't there ?

OK, If I got it correctly, in cell layout dialog, select position->Go to=
 line automatically does the trick but it doesn't resize te cell=
 automatically as I type.

 Shridhar