List:       koffice
Subject:    Question about shadowing..
From:       Mike McBride <mpmcbride7 () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2002-01-27 16:04:06

I am curious why Shadow effects of text are performed on a paragraph
basis, rather than on a character basis.

There will occasionally be times when a user might want shadowed text in
the middle of a sentance.  Under the current setup, that could only be
accomplished with complicated layering of frames.

All other DTP and Wordprocessing programs that I am aware of consider
shadow effects to be a font property, not a paragraph property.

I think it would be better to allow shadow text to exist within a line.
Is there any reason it was decided to have it this way?

Mike McBride