List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Kword kudos!!  Many, many thanks!
From:       Toshitaka Fujioka <toshitaka () kde ! gr ! jp>
Date:       2002-01-11 14:23:47

Hello,

On Thursday 03 January 2002 11:19, Ray wrote:
[snip]
> Second, I would love to see Kword integrate the Canna and
> Kinput2 functions, so that I could write Japanese directly
> into the Kword document.  Currently I pull it up in Kmail
> and then cut and paste, but it's inconvenient.  If Kword
> already supports this feature, I would love to have a quick
> email back about how to set it up.  The documentation on
> Japanese usage (for non-Japanese speakers) is scanty.  :-)
> If I can do this already, please let me know.

Hmm ..., strange. KWord supports XIM from version 1.1 .
I can input direct Japanese with KPresenter, KSpread and KWord (CVS HEAD).

Do you use which version ?

Oh, I forgot one things. Qt 3.*.* has 3 input style (OnTheSpot, OverTheSpot
, Root). Default input style is OnTheSpot. Qt 2.*.* is OverTheSpot.

If you use Qt3/KDE3, please use OverTheSpot.
$ kword --inputstyle overthespot &

OnTheSpot does not work. Because KOffice(KDE) does not implement
imStartEvent, imComposeEvent and imEndEvent yet.

If Qt 3.1 was released, I am implement these to KOffice(KDE) widget.
Because OnTheSpot of Qt 3.0.* is incomplete.
--
Toshitaka Fujioka
http://www.kde.org                The K Desktop Environment Project

-- A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step.  Lao-zi --