Hello, On Thursday 03 January 2002 11:19, Ray wrote: [snip] > Second, I would love to see Kword integrate the Canna and > Kinput2 functions, so that I could write Japanese directly > into the Kword document. Currently I pull it up in Kmail > and then cut and paste, but it's inconvenient. If Kword > already supports this feature, I would love to have a quick > email back about how to set it up. The documentation on > Japanese usage (for non-Japanese speakers) is scanty. :-) > If I can do this already, please let me know. Hmm ..., strange. KWord supports XIM from version 1.1 . I can input direct Japanese with KPresenter, KSpread and KWord (CVS HEAD). Do you use which version ? Oh, I forgot one things. Qt 3.*.* has 3 input style (OnTheSpot, OverTheSpot , Root). Default input style is OnTheSpot. Qt 2.*.* is OverTheSpot. If you use Qt3/KDE3, please use OverTheSpot. $ kword --inputstyle overthespot & OnTheSpot does not work. Because KOffice(KDE) does not implement imStartEvent, imComposeEvent and imEndEvent yet. If Qt 3.1 was released, I am implement these to KOffice(KDE) widget. Because OnTheSpot of Qt 3.0.* is incomplete. -- Toshitaka Fujioka http://www.kde.org The K Desktop Environment Project fujioka@kde.org http://www.kde.gr.jp Japan KDE User's Group toshitaka@kde.gr.jp -- A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step. Lao-zi --