List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: koffice cvs
From:       "Michael Marcucio" <michaelmarcucio () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2001-12-29 1:44:21

hello again..
first off i can't seem to ./configure qt-copy. i get the error:
/home/mike/wip/cvs/qt-copy/src/tools/qdatetime.h:43:24: qnamespace.h: No
such file or directory
In file included from generators/mac/pbuilder_pbx.cpp:40:
/home/mike/wip/cvs/qt-copy/src/tools/qdir.h:45:25: qwindowdefs.h: No such
file or directory

this was right after a fresh cvs co qt-copy

so i d/ld qt-x11-free-3.0.1.tar.gz from the trooltech site and it compiled
fine and i d/ld and installed it under the dir /home/mike/wip/cvs/qt and i
did an echo of $QTDIR and it showed this directory

now i went to the koffice directory and did a make -f Makefile.cvs and it
worked fine, then i did a ./configure and get the error:

checking for Qt... configure: error: Qt(>= Qt 3.01) (library qt-mt) not
found. Please check your installation!

so i looked in the configure.log and i see this:

configure:6465: checking for Qt
configure: 6529: /home/mike/wip/cvs/qt/include/qstyle.h
taking that
tried NO
tried /home/mike/wip/cvs/qt/lib
tried /home/mike/wip/cvs/qt
tried /usr/lib/qt3/lib
tried /usr/lib/qt3
tried /usr/lib/qt/lib
tried /usr/lib/qt
tried /usr/X11R6/lib
configure:6641: rm -rf SunWS_cache; c++ -o conftest -O2 -fno-exceptions
-fno-check-new -I/home/mike/wip/cvs/qt/include -I/usr/X11R6/include
-DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT  -D_REENTRANT  -L/usr/lib -L/usr/X11R6/lib   conftest.C
-lqt-mt -lpng -lz -lm -ljpeg -ldl  -lXext -lX11 -lSM -lICE  -lresolv
-lpthread 1>&5
/tmp/ccn0IHyh.o: In function `main':
/tmp/ccn0IHyh.o(.text+0xd): undefined reference to
`QStyleFactory::create(QString const &)'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
configure: failed program was:
#include "confdefs.h"
#include <qglobal.h>
#include <qapplication.h>
#include <qcursor.h>
#include <qstylefactory.h>
#include <private/qucomextra_p.h>
#if ! (QT_VERSION >= 301)
#error 1
#endif

int main() {
    (void)QStyleFactory::create(QString::null);
    QCursor c(Qt::WhatsThisCursor);
    return 0;
}

the same thing happend when i try to ./configure kdelibs.

so i guess i'm sending out an SOS! i am really stuck and i want to get
started codeing!
maybe i should install kde3 beta1? i really don't know where to look next.
i have been using http://www.kde.org/anoncvs.html as a guide.
any help would be greatly appreciated!
thanks
mike