List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: KSpread Excel export filter
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2001-12-29 0:27:18

On Saturday 29 December 2001 01:14, Petr Tuma wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I'm writing an export filter (KSpread -> MS Excel 97/2000). It's currently at
> the alpha stage and I'm planning I can release some beta version in a month
> or two.
> The beta version should be able to save a simple sheet, with fonts,
> formatting stuff and (hopefully :) formulas.
> The next step after that will be to save the document information and to add
> capability to save embedded charts. It will be question of approx. other 2
> months.
Great!

> Is there any contact person whom I can send the sources once they will reach
> the beta version?
The best way would be if you could work in the KDE CVS.
This means, not sending the sources to one person, but to one server.
To get a CVS account, send me and coolo@kde.org, an encrypted password
(crypt/md5, such as the passwords in /etc/shadow or /etc/passwd).

It's best to check in your code as soon as possible, to prevent someone else
from starting from scratch and duplicating the effort. No need to have releasable
code to put it in CVS, CVS isn't a release.

http://www.kde.org/people/david.html (my real webpage is down)
KDE 3.0: Konquering the Desktops