List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Big print problem with kword
From:       Craig Drummond <cpdrummond () freeuk ! com>
Date:       2001-11-22 17:10:15

> My font is a TTF.
>
> I installed it as non-root and it perfectly worked with every other
application other than kword (including kwrite,kspread or Staroffice).

> But, I also tried to install it as root. Guess what ? It totally
uninstalled the font... There's a big problem.

This is probably because you've not set kfontinst to use the xfs config
- as I mentioned in the post after the one you've replied to.

Mandrake's version of KFontinst won't detect that you're using a font
server (the latest CVS version will) - so it'll install the font for X (
therefore you won't see it)...

> However, as a simple user I could install the font because it worked
with other apps. So, I think the problem really comes from kword.

Maybe - I just think you should try using the xfs settings in KFontinst
first.

Ciao

Craig.