List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Big print problem with kword
From:       Craig Drummond <cpdrummond () freeuk ! com>
Date:       2001-11-22 16:39:00

Hmm.... stupid web-based email interface - previous email got sent
before I was finished...

> > Hi
> >
> > I suppose I'm not the first to have this problem but I ask.
> >
> > I've been printing using kword (KDE-2.2.1 on mdk 8.1) for a while
> correctly
> > (mainly using helvetica).
> >
> > Then, I suppressed Helvetica font with Drakfont and re-installed it

> via
> > kfontinstaller in userland from kcontrol.
>
> Is your Helvetica a Bitmap/Speedo or TrueType/Type1 font? If it's a
> TrueType/Type1, then I think you'll need to instal the font as root.
As
> I've had posts from previous Mandrake users - which state that
Mandrake
> uses xfs, and to install fonts for xfs you need to be root.
>
> So - try uins gkfontinst again as root, and see if this helps.

As I was going to say - when you do you'll need to change some settings
so that the x fontserver config is altered.

1. In Settings/Folders & Files - make sure /etx/x11/fs/config is set as
the X config file
2. In Settings/System - make sure "/etc/init.d/xfs restart" is selected
as the X refresh command.

...The latest (CVS) verison will do this automatically, but MAndrake's
version won't.

Not sure if this will solve all problems though.

Ciao

Craig.