List:       koffice
Subject:    <OT>Linux StepByStep re-launch
From:       Douglas J Hunley <doug () hunley ! homeip ! net>
Date:       2001-11-19 15:23:32

Sorry for the slightly off-topic post, but I wanted to take a small minute to
let you all know that the Linux StepByStep (http://linux.nf) has been
relaunched.

The site now has 14 mirrors around the world, has a 10 member editorial team,
is provided in 9 languages, and is growing in content daily. We currently
have information on things from Acrobat to Xfree86. New content is regularly
added  and old content is constantly revised and edited to match the changing
Linux landscape.

We also currently host 2 mailing lists. Linux-users if for general Linux
discussion. Everything from "which distro" to "I can't mount my cd!" is fair
game on this list. The second list, general, is for technology related
threads that may not be specific to Linux (discussion of the latest MS doing,
the DMCA, etc). The lists live at
http://linux.nf/mailman/listinfo/linux-users and
will find links to subscribe (both regular and digest mode), manage your
account, and a link to the list archives.

We have also recently brought news.linux.nf online. All mailing lists are
being gated to this news server. If you prefer a newsreader over filling your
inbox, then this is for you!

Thanks for your time. Stop by and let us know what you think of the site.

P.S. If you had previously subscribed to the mailing lists on the site, you
might need to resubscribe. We lost some of the membership info recently in a
hardware failure. Sorry for the inconvenience.
--
Douglas J Hunley (doug at hunley.homeip.net) - Linux User #174778
Admin: http://linux.nf 	Admin: http://hunley.homeip.net

The software said it requires Windows 95 or better, so I installed Linux