List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: KWord: Printing
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2001-11-18 23:21:08

On Monday 19 November 2001 00:19, Ralph De Witt wrote:
> Sorry for jumping in middle of conversation, but I am having a printing
> problem with Kword. I did a completed install of SuSE 7.3 (reformated
> drives), installed Koffice 1.1 and shifted printing to cups. Selected my
> printer a HP Deskjet 940C used the 950c driver, got good results in Kmail.
> Installed my Kword documents from previous install. In print preview they
> appear compressed and seem to overlap each line. They print as in print
> preview.
As usual....

> Are their any ideas as to what may becausing this. I know I am not the only
> one having this problem. I have run across several other people on the SuSE
> mailing list having this same problem. But so far no solutions or a clue as
> to what the problem may be.
>
> Has anything come to lite in this thread yet.

No, not yet. See also bug #33440 for some investigation on this.

Please try to find which components match the ones mentionned there.
For instance, are you using Qt 2.3.0 or 2.3.1 ? Compare xfree versions, etc.
Something is making a difference, and it's not KOffice's version.

http://perso.mandrakesoft.com/~david/ , http://www.konqueror.org/
KDE 3.0: Konquering the Desktops