List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Printing from KWord 1.1 (using KDE 2.2.1)
From:       Craig Drummond <cpdrummond () freeuk ! com>
Date:       2001-11-11 20:12:02

On Sunday 11 November 2001 04:05, Jonathan Drews wrote:
> On Saturday 10 November 2001 12:58, David Faure wrote:
> > (See the buglist for kword, about 8 bug reports are about this, all
with
> > some info about it).
>
>  I reran Kfontinst (KDE Font installer) and found that a whole class
of
> fonts cannot be opened for viewing.
>
> hrger.pfa ERROR: Could not open font
> hrgrr.pfa ERROR: Could not open font
> hrtir.pfa ERROR: Could not open font
> hrpld.pfa ERROR: Could not open font
> hrpldi.pfa ERROR: Could not open font
> hrplt.pfa ERROR: Could not open font
> hrplti.pfa ERROR: Could not open font
> hrscc.pfa ERROR: Could not open font
> hrscs.pfa ERROR: Could not open font
>
>  Does anyone know if these are vital to Kword printing?
> their permissions are -r--r--r--    1 root     root.  They all reside
in
> /usr/share/ghostscript/fonts/   This on SuSE7.3.              TIA

Hmmm... Which version of KFontinst are you using? I've just tried the
CVS version, and everythings OK (the fonts preview no problem...).

However, I do recall having problems with these fonts - I think they
miss some name information. This was fixed in one version, and then
broken, and fixed again in CVS.

Ciao

Craig.