List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Nice! (But bugs)
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2001-10-29 11:01:12

On Dimanche 28 Octobre 2001 21:13, Michael Willems wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Many compliments., Great. I am finally using my Linux workstation more than
> the Win boxes, due to Koffice. (Version 1.1 on RedHat 7.2). Compliments!
>

> I do see quite a few hangs and crashes though. Are there any fixes yet to
> Koffice 1.1? I have things like:
>
> - In kword, some simple docs hang forever when I try a preview.
MSWord documents, I suppose ? This shouldn't happen with native docs.

> Many other little things in Kword - I had to kill -9 and restart it a
> dozen times today already.
While editing text, or importing docs ?

> Pasting simple text from other apps can lead to crashes too.
Really? Any reproduceable way ?

The one known (and fixed) crash in kword-1.1 is "Ctrl+K at end of line"...
anything else that crashes or makes kword hang should be reported
(not talking about msword docs, the filter is being rewritten so this isn't
the best time for such reports).

http://perso.mandrakesoft.com/~david/ , http://www.konqueror.org/
KDE 3.0: Konquering the Desktops