List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Kword
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () planescape ! com>
Date:       2001-10-25 14:15:35

On Wed, Oct 24, 2001 at 08:23:34PM +0200, Jim Hatridge wrote:

> Hi all...
>
> This is my first post to this group, so if I do anything wrong, please let me
> know!
>
> So, my question:
>
> I write a bulletin of 20 pages. Right now I use M$ Publisher to print it. I
> would like to do it with Kword, but I've not figured out how. My problem is
> that I want to turn an A4 page sideways (ie landscape) and print two pages at
> a time on each sheet of paper. In other words on the first printed page I
> will have bulletin page 1 and 20, on the second printed page I will have page
> 2 and 19, etc. Then by stapling them together I have my done bulletin.
>
> Can someone give me an idea on how to set this up?

make a 20 page document, create the document so your text on screen is horizontal
(I think that means landscape)

Print the document normally, press landscape if you created a landscape document.

Put 10 sheets of paper into the printer.
Print 10 sheets (page 1 upto including 10)
get the output and put it back into your printer
continue printing.

The last can naturally be done in 2 steps by selecting the pages you want to
print in the print dialog.

This last step can only be done if you have a KDE 2.2 or newer.