List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: kpresenter toolbar questions
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2001-10-18 12:55:08

On Jeudi 18 Octobre 2001 14:31, Brad Hards wrote:
> David Faure wrote:
> >
> > On Jeudi 18 Octobre 2001 12:41, Brad Hards wrote:
> > > I have three more questions on kpresenter, all on toolbars this time:
> > >
> > > 1. Why is the icon for making a HTML slidshow on the Format toolbar (by
> > > default), but the matching command in the File menu?
> >
> > I moved that menuitem to the File menu in order to get rid of the "Extra" menu.
> > Since it's some sort of an export, I thought it'd be good to have it there.
> > Didn't think about the toolbars. Should it be moved ? I'm open to suggestions ;)
> I think of HTML export as very similar to printing, and think it should go on
> the File toolbar. The rest of the format toolbar is for changing visual
> properties on objects. HTML export doesn't fit very well in Format. I guess it
> doesn't really matter, since they are totally customisable :) But sensible
> defaults are always good.

Agreed, just changed it.

> > > 3. What is the name of the widget that is used for setting the arrow head and
> > > arrow tail formats in kpresenter? Acts a bit like a radio button, but looks a
> > > bit like a text box [but only if you squint in both cases]. I checked the KDE
> > > visual dictionary (http://i18n.kde.org/doc/visualdict/dict.html), but couldn't
> > > identify it. I'd like to get the right name for the documentation.
> >
> > Isn't that simply a combo box ?
> It is a combo box in the dialog box you get from Format->Pen and Brush..., but
> when you use the arrowhead and arrowtail toolbar buttons as shortcuts (or the
> align button, same visuals), you get something like the attached file (which
> might get cut off in the mailing list). It looks like a short stack of
> buttons.

Ah. (no, the mailing-lists don't cut off attachments)
Hmm, this might be called a dropdown list I guess.
Technically it's a simple popup-menu, just like any other menu,
that drops down from a toolbar button.

http://perso.mandrakesoft.com/~david/ , http://www.konqueror.org/
KDE 3.0: Konquering the Desktops