List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Encouragement
From:       Vadim Plessky <lucy-ples () mtu-net ! ru>
Date:       2001-09-26 15:49:07

On Wednesday 26 September 2001 06:27, Thomas Zander wrote:
|   > Am sending as an addendum an amazing Microsoft Office story that I
|   > thought you might like. I sent it to MSWish@Microsoft.com.
|
|   Funny how you like KOffice as it uses the same technology you bash in
|   your story on MS-Office. The technology is called SDI and is a lot more
| user friendly then MDI (which is old school by now).
|   As long as it is implemented properly that is, I have no idea how Windows
|   does this. KDE for example shows the file which is opened in the taskbar.

Windows doesn't group it. At least my Windows 98 (or I was too stupid to find
it?)
From other side, I have heard that Windows 2000 can group several instances
of one app in one taskbar button (like KDE).
And I don't think that the fact "Win2000 can group apps on taskbar" is a good
reason for upgrade to Win2000. Haven't MS Tech Support offered this to you?..
Such a weak Sales People! :-)

As about sending mails to MSWish@Microsoft.com - I think it's useless (as
well as sending mails to ZDNet or CNet; I have never received response from
them)

--

Vadim Plessky
http://kde2.newmail.ru  (English)